Application Engineer (m/f/d)
- Working on the forefront of quality assurance in industrial manufacturing and light measurement laboratories.
- Promoting sales projects: Developing a good understanding for customer’s samples (e.g. display panels, µLEDs, VCSEL, etc.) and on-site measurement conditions (e.g. environmental conditions, tact-time, etc.) to be able to provide the best light measurement solution.
- Accompanying product introductions as a technical peer for the customer and contemplate external feedback. Traveling to demonstrate devices to customers and at trade fairs.
- Identifying requirements, working on prototype solutions, and writing hardware dependant high-level software, in e.g. Python or Matlab.
- Collaboration with Sales, Key-Account Management, Product Management, R&D teams, and international support groups, located in e.g. Korea, China or Vietnam.
- Leading troubleshootings, performing failure analysis and doing data analysis (e.g. on log-files)
- Being the technical lead in customer discussions.
- University/Master degree in engineering or natural sciences with a flair for programming (g. C/C++/C# or Python) and data analysis. PhD level is favored
- Proven track record of working with customers, e.g. Application Engineering, Sales, Service Engineer or similar
- Extensive professional experience in radiometry and light measurement, specifically working with spectroscopy, goniophotometry, and calibration standards
- Knowledge in the field of automation, display technologies, semiconductor industry is of advantage
- Conversational and intercultural skills and marked ability to lead in-depth technical calls and discussions with international customers
- Your work is based in Munich with willingness to travel, ~10% travel time
You are working on the cutting edge of new consumer electronics products e.g. mobile phones, AR/VR devices, and its underlying technologies, such as display panels, µLEDs, VCSEL and Lidar. Our business is to supply customers in the display and semiconductor industry with light measurement equipment for quality control and calibration during manufacturing process. Your technical understanding and expertise in metrology, optics, automation and software, production technology, enable you to comprehend our customers’ needs. The relationship with customers and partners is trustful and lasting, yet very dynamic.
Are you ready to take on this challenge among a highly motivated and skilled team? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application!