Master's Thesis OLED TV gamma calibration
(6 months including writing a master’s thesis)
- Hands-on measurement of state-of-the-art OLED TVs using test patches. Exploring the different settings/modes e.g. accurate color modes (cinema/film maker mode) versus vivid/gaming mode and especially exploring VRR with different refresh rates.
- Quantify gamma curves based on own measurements.
- Deep dive into gamma calibration and underlying brightness modulation, e.g. amplitude based modulation versus pulse width modulation.
- Developing a new, industrial‑suited gamma measurement technique for OLED TVs for in-line measurements during OLED mass production.
- Working with state of the art light measurement systems, e.g. cameras/spectrometers
- Familiarizing with characteristics of light and color measurements, OLED displays and the use of electro-optical transfer functions (EOTF)
- Evaluate various methods of gamma measurements; tradeoff between measurement speed and accuracy.
- Evaluating these methods on a high-end OLED TV.
- Being enrolled as a student in a technical or scientific subject e.g. Physics, electrical, engineering or computer science
- Experiences with software tools for scientific data evaluation e.g. MatLab/Python are mandatory
- You bring along a work spirit, “doer mentality” and interest in technical deep-dive. You are able to work autonomous and gather information independently, e.g. get acquainted in literature, but also discuss with product managers, application engineers, R&D engineers and other roles
- Ideally you have initial experiences with color sciences, display technologies, light measurement cameras/spectrometers/colorimeters or gamma correction on image/video devices
- Practical experience in the field of light measurement is ideally but not mandatory
You like working with state of the art light measurement systems? We offer you the possibility to write your master's thesis within this exciting environment. Do you feel ready to meet the challenges within a highly motivated and skilled team? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application! Please let us also know your possible starte date.