Application Engineer (m/f/d)
in the field of optical measurement technology
- Promoting sales projects through technical support of the customer
- Working on the forefront of quality assurance in industrial manufacturing of consumer electronics products
- Identifying requirements, working on prototype solutions, and writing hardware dependant high-level software, in e.g. Python or Matlab
- Collaboration with product management, internal R&D teams, and international support groups, e.g. Chinese engineering team
- Performing failure analysis gathering the necessary data and turning log files into graphs, data analysis
- Proven track record of working with customers, e.g. Application Engineering, Sales, Service engineer or similar
- University/Master degree in engineering or natural sciences with a flair for programming and data analysis. PhD level is favored
- Conversational and intercultural skills and marked ability to lead in-depth technical calls and discussions with international customers
- Extensive professional experience in optics or light measurement
- Knowledge in the field of automation, display technologies, semiconductor industry, or color management are of advantage
- Basic language skills in Chinese, Korean, Japanese and/or Vietnamese are beneficial, but not required
- Your work is based in Munich with willingness to travel, ~10% travel time
You are working on the cutting edge of new consumer electronics products e.g. mobile phones, AR/VR devices, and the development of principle technologies, such as OLED/LCD or other display technology, VCSEL and LIDAR. Our business is to supply customers in the display and semiconductor industry with light measurement equipment for quality control and calibration during manufacturing process. Your technical understanding and expertise in metrology, optics, automation and software, production technology, enable you to comprehend our customers’ needs. The relationship with customers and partners is trustful and lasting, yet very dynamic.
Do you feel ready to take this challenge within a highly motivated and skilled team? Then we are looking forward to receiving your applications!